Shopify SEO? Really? Does one have to do that?
If you are trying to launch a new product or trying to start dropshipping or trying to build a web presence in Shopify then you should do SEO. This is important because there are already millions of Shopify stores. If you want your customers to reach you then you should be working on Shopify SEO.
Using the Shopify SEO, You can attract your target audience and can target the relevant customers to your store. If your store is Search Engine Optimized then you can target your target audience.
What is Shopify SEO?
SEO is the process in which you can customize your website pages and your search results so that you can attract the target audience to your Shopify shop.
Using the Shopify SEO Techniques, you can bring your Shopify at the top of search engines like google, bing, yahoo.
What are the ways to do Shopify SEO?
There are many factors that affect Shopify SEO to bring your store to appear at the top of search engines.
- Domain Name age matters a lot.
- the more the natural links from other websites pointing towards your shop, the more the value of your store will be.
- the website authority matters a lot.
- If the website content is optimized and the website structure is correct.
You can categorize your Shopify SEO into two types:
1) Long Term SEO
2) Short Term SEO
Long Term SEO
In the Long Term SEO, you can focus on the following things:
1) Building high authority Links
2) Content Strategy
3) Online Reputation Management
Short Term SEO
In the Long Term SEO, you can focus on the following things:
1) Getting More Traffic to your Website
2) Optimizing the existing content with the relevant keywords
If you want to analyze and optimize your app then you can do that using the SEO in the Shopify App Store.
Follow the few simple steps to do that:
- Research on the keywords that are appropriate to your brand or your products. Research on what are the terms that customers use to search for a product in your store?
- Include the keywords into your content. Add these keywords in the page titles, descriptions, and the alt tags of all images.
- When the filenames and the URLs match the content, then it makes more worth in the search engine.
- Create Content that is relevant to the products in your online store.
- For the Search Engines to crawl and index, In Google Search Console add your online store website sitemap.xml. Google Will crawl your online store within 72 hours.
Built-in Shopify SEO features
Shopify online stores have their own build-in SEO which optimizes your content.
Some of the main features of this built-in Shopify SEO:
- To prevent duplicate content to be shown in the search engine auto-generation canonical tags are added to pages.
- website’s robots.txt and sitemap.xml files are automatically generated.
- The Shopify themes that we use will automatically generate title tags which will automatically add your store name.
- Using the social media linking feature of Shopify it makes it easy for sharing your products in your store in social media.
You can customize and optimize your content as per your requirements:
- You can change the meta descriptions, title tags, and URLs for your products, blog posts, webpages, collections, and other things.
- For the images, You can change all the alt text.
Adding keywords for SEO to your Shopify store
Keywords are those which the customers use in the search engine to find a particular product in the search engine. This can be anything as per their requirements.
If you want your store to appear at the top of the search results then make sure you do deep research on the keywords that most of the customers use to find a product and don’t forget these keywords in your content.
There are a lot of free and paid tools through which you can find the list of relevant keywords. These keywords will enhance Shopify SEO. Make sure your relevant keywords are related to your products. It is a fact that if a particular keyword will get more traffic then there will be more competition for your store in the search engine. If this happens then there are fewer chances of getting your site to reach the top of the search results.
If you want to use your keywords then use your keywords in your content in such a way that people would read it. Don’t insert it in a random way. Both your customers and the search engine might ignore your website in such a case.
To improve the search engine optimization, you can insert your keywords in the following places of your online store
- page titles
- meta descriptions
- a page’s body content
- ALT tags
Edit the title and meta description for a page
The most important elements of SEO are the title tag and meta description. When a user searches something, your title and meta description is shown in the search results. These two provide the main information about your products. An Attractive and Relevant title and description will encourage buyers to click the link in search results which will then will redirect them to your store.
To Add a Good Title and Description to enhance the Shopify SEO follow the following process:
- First, go to the section called Search Engine Listing Preview, Here now click on the Edit Website SEO.
- In the Page title field, enter an attractive and relevant title. In the title, You can enter up to 70 characters.
- Enter a description of the search engine listing. You should add relevant keywords so that your potential customers find your link. Here don’t forget to include your store name. In the Description, You can enter up to 320 characters. Don’t just spam your description with keywords. Write about it in a better way.
- Click Save.
Set a title and description to improve Shopify SEO for your online store
- First, Go to Online Store > Preferences, From your Shopify admin.
- Set a relevant and good title and meta description which should have your keywords for your store
- Click Save.
The most important part of the Shopify SEO is the page title. Search engines compare the title tag with your page content to check if the content that you have written matches with the page title.
If you want to change the title tag which is displayed in the search engines then you can do it in creatively in the following ways:
- Use a unique, relevant, descriptive title.
- Use the title for the keywords which you have researched.
- Insert your most important target keywords for each collection, products, webpage, or blog post near the beginning of the title.
- Your title should be 70 characters or less.
- Keep a readable title tag. Don’t just stuff with keywords.
A meta description is a description that tells the user about your product even before they have entered your website. Meta Description is a good way of improving the Shopify SEO. This meta description comes below the title tag in the search engine. Most of the users read that and decide whether to enter into this site or not. You can set a meta description for all your webpages, product pages, collection pages, and blog posts in Shopify. It is on you to write a unique, relevant, and descriptive meta description for each page so that you can encourage the users to click on your title and enter into your store.
If you are having a Shopify Store and want to generate more leads then you should follow the about Shopify SEO process so that the users can be redirected to your site. If have tried the above techniques and still if the buyers are less then feel free to contact our experts who can help you with this.